Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
The Temple of Karukudi Sargunalingeswarar is a Hindu temple in Karukudi, Thanjavur Tamilnadu County, India. The place ‘s historical name is Marudhanallur.
- Moolavar :SargunaLingeswarar, Karukudinathar,Brahmmapureeswarar
- Amman / Thayar :Advaita Nayaki, Kalyani Ambica,Sarvalankara Nayaki
- Theertham : Yama Theertha
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Marudhanallur
- Location : Karukudi,Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
Shiva is the presiding Deity. He is named after Sargunalingeswarar. His consort is known as Nayaki Advaita. Swayambu Shivalinga is temple lord in sand.
It is one of 276 Paadal Petra Sthalams shrines-Shiva Sthalams glorified by Tamil Saivite Nayanar Tirugnanasambandar in the early mediaeval Tevaram poems.
It is worthy of noting that the devotees are blessed by Lord and Mother looking east in their wedding form. The Ena Nallur place nearby is the birthplace of Saint Enadhi Nayanar.