Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Punyakotinathar Temple is a Hindu temple situated in the Thiruvidaivasal Village in the Thiruvarur District of Tamilnadu, dedicated to Lord Shiva. Also named this Location as Thiruvidaivaai. This is the 276th Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam located behind 274 temples Chozha Nadu, on the south side of the River Cauvery. This was attributed to Kalvettu hymns on the Karuvarai wall at Tirugnanasambandar. In 1917, the 275th Thevara Sthalam was added.
- Moolavar : Idaivaainathar/ Vidaivaayappar / Punyakotteeswarar.
- Amman / Thayar : Abirami / Umayammai
- Thala Virutcham : Kasthuri arali
- Theertham : Punniyakodi Theertham.
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Location : Thiruvidaivasal,Tiruvarur,Tamil Nadu.
To make it 276, this Shivastalam was added to the list of 274 Shivasthalams in 1917.
The templeand the Thevara hymns dedicated to this shrine were found in inscriptions during the digging of a mud mound and so is not part of the original Thirumurais set compiled by Nambiyandar Nambi. Here thepathigam is known as Puthiya Pathigam.
Appar refers to this shrine in hisAdaivu Thiruttandakam, as Vidaivaikkudi.