Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Nellivananathar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva situated in Tirunellikka in Tamilnadu district of Thiruvarur. It is one of the 276 shrines of Paadal Petra Sthalams-Shiva Sthalams glorified by Tamil in the early mediaeval poetry Thevaram Nayanar Tirugnanasambandar saivite.
- Moolavar : Nellivana Nathar, Nellivaneswarar
- Amman / Thayar : Mangalanayaki
- Thala Virutcham : Gooseberry
- Theertham : Brahmma, Surya theerthams
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Tirunellikka
- Location : Tirunellikka,Tiruvarur,Tamil Nadu.
This is the 234th Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam on the south side of the Cauvery river and the 117th Sthalam.
The area is also known as Panchaksharapuram and Panchakoodapuram.
The Lord Shiva shrines in Panchakoodapuram are Thirunattiyathankudi, Thirukkarayil, Thiruthecchangur, Thirunellikkaval and Thirunamasivayapuram.