Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Kottur Kozhundeeswarar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva situated at Kottur in the Tamilnadu district of Thiruvarur. It is one of 276 Paadal Petra Sthalams shrines-Shiva Sthalams glorified by Tamil Saivite Nayanar Tirugnanasambandar in the early mediaeval poem Thevaram.
- Moolavar : Kozhundeeswarar-(Akraparameswarar)
- Amman / Thayar :Thenar Mozhi Ammai- T henambikai,Madhura Bashini
- Thala Virutcham : Vanni
- Theertham :9 Theerthas – Mulliyaru,Sivaganga,Parama, Shiva Mandai, Amudha,Indra, Vishwakarma and Aramba
- Agamam / Pooja : Kamiya Agamam
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Indirapuram
- Location : Kottur,Tiruvarur,Tamil Nadu.
In this village there are two temples; the one on the west side was glorified by the Thevaram while the other is revered by Thiruvisaippa (Keezhkotur Mani Ambalam).
This is the 228th Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam and the 111th Sthalam in Chozha Nadu, on the southern side of River Cauvery. This Shivastalam is situated in Thirukkalar ‘s vicinity.
The Temple has 3 tiered Rajagopuram and faces west.