Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
A Hindu temple dedicated to Shiva, located in the town of Kodikkarai in Tamilnadu, India, is the Kuzhagar Temple or Kodi Kuzhagar Temple (also called Amirthakadeswarar Temple). In the 7th century Tamil Saiva canonical journal, the Tevaram, written by Tamil holy poets known as the nayanars and graded as Paadal Petra Sthalam, Kuzhagar is revered.Originally believed to have been founded by the Cholas, Kuzhagar temple has many inscriptions dating back to the time of Chola.
- Moolavar : Amudha Kadeswarar,Kuzhakeswarar
- Amman / Thayar : Anjanakshi, Mai Thadanganni
- Thala Virutcham : Kura tree
- Theertham :Agni theertha (sea), Amudha Kinaru in the temple
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Kodikarai, Kodia Karai, Kodiakadu
- Location : Kodiakadu,Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
The temple has six daily rituals from 5:30 a.m., at different times. By 8 p.m.
Thousands of devotees from far and near are present for the annual Brahmotsavam (prime festival).
This is on the south side of the River Cauvery in Chozha nadu, the 244th Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva sthalam and 127th Shiva Temple.