Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Keezhvelur Kediliappar Temple is a Hindu temple at Keezhvelur in Tamilnadu district of Thiruvarur. The place ‘s ancient name is Keevalur. In its manifestation as Kediliappar the temple is dedicated to Shiva as the presiding god of the moolavar. His consort, Parvati, is called Vaana Mulai Amman. This Shivastalam is a Maadakovil built by Kochengata Cholan at an elevation and is situated between Nagapattinam and Thiruvarur halfway between. It is named Keezha Velur because there were many places called Velur, as this location is on the east.
- Moolavar : Kediliappar, Akshayalinga Swami
- Amman / Thayar : Vanamulai Amman, Sundara Gujambal
- Thala Virutcham : Badri, Ilandhai
- Theertham :
- Saravana poigai, Agni, Sesha, Brahmma
- Surya, Chandra and Kubera Theerthams
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Keevalur, Keezh Velur
- Location: Keezh Velur,Tiruvarur,Tamil Nadu
The Chitrakootagiri is known as the Hillock. It is one of the shrines of the 276 Paadal Petra Sthalams-Shiva Sthalams that Tamil Saivite Nayanmars Thirugnana Sambandar and Thirunavukkarasar glorified in early mediaeval Thevaram poetry.
This is the 201th Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam and 84th Sthalam in Chozha Naadu, on the south side of River Cauvery.
The temple is situated on the hillock known as Chitrakootagiri, at an elevation. The temple has the largest Seven-Tiered Raja Gopuram and two prakaram. Main Deity is known as Kediliappar /Akshaya Linga Swamy, Swayambu Lingam.