Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Ramanathaswamy Temple is a Hindu temple situated on Rameswaram Island in the state of Tamil Nadu , India, dedicated to the god Shiva.
- God/Goddess: Ramanathaswamy, Ramalingeswarar.
- Amman / mother : Parvathavarthini , Mountaineer
- Theertham :There are 22 theerthams inside the temple and 22
theerthams outside the temple (there are 22 theerthams
outside Devipattinam, Thirupullani, Pamban,
Thangachimadam, Mandapam etc.)
- Historical Name : Kandhamadana Parvatham, Thiruviramechuram
- Location: Rameswaram, Ramanathapuram, Tamil Nadu.
The temple and the island of Rameswaram have acquired this name since, Lord Rama worshipped Lord Shiva, the God of Gods here on return from Sri Lanka.
According to legend, Lord Rama returned to India with his consort Goddess Seetha after killing Ravana, walking first on the shores of Rameswaram.
Lord Rama decided to give worship to Lord Shiva to atone for the “dosha” of killing a Brahmin.
Since there was no shrine in the island had despatched Sri Hauman to Kailash to carry an idol of Lord Shiva.