Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Apatsahayesvarar Temple, Alangudi or Guru Sthalam or Tiru Irum Poolai is a Hindu temple dedicated to Shiva located in the village of Alangudi in the Valangaiman taluk of Tiruvarur district , Tamil Nadu, India. Shiva is worshipped as Apathsahyesvarar, and is represented by the lingam.
- Moolavar : Aabathsahayeswarar, Kasi Aaranyeswarar
- Urchavar : Dakshinamurthy
- Amman / Thayar : Elavarkuzhali
- Thala Virutcham : A plant called Poolai
- Theertham : Amirtha Pushkarani and others
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Irumpoolai
- Location : Alangudi,Tiruvarur,Tamil Nadu.
276 Sthalams of the former Chola Nation were sung in Devaram and Alangudi is one of the 127 Sthalams on the southern banks of the river Cauvery.
In this shrine is worshipped by Sage Sukha, Rishi Viswamithra, Sage Agastya, Adisankara and many other men of today.
Swayumbhu (Natural root of idiol) is the Lord of this Sthalam. Therefore, the time span of this temple could not be exactly set. The temple has been in operation since ancient times.