Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Ambal Brahmapureeswarar Temple is a Hindu temple situated in Tamilnadu district of Thiruvarur, at Ambal. Now the site is known as Koilpatthu. It is one of the shrines of the 275 Paadal Petra Sthalams-Shiva Sthalams glorified by Tamil in the early mediaeval poetry Thevaram Nayanar Tirugnanasambandar saivite. This is the 171st Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam and the 54th Sthalam at Chozha Nadu on the south side of the river Cauvery. At this site was born Somaasimaara Naayanar. Also named Amparperuntirukkoil, Brahmapuri, and Punnakavanam, this location is.
- Moolavar :Brahmapureeswarar, Ambareesar,Maarapureeswarar
- Amman / Thayar :Sukantha Kunthalaampikai,Poonkuzhalammai, Vantamar Poonkuzhali,
- Thala Virutcham : Punnai (Mast Wood Tree)
- Theertham :Brahma Thirtham, Indra Thirtham,Annamaam Poykai, Choola Thirtham
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name :Amparperuntirukkoil, Brahmapuri,Punnakavanam
- City : Ampar, Ampal,Thiruvarur,Tamil Nadu
This Shivastalam temple is one of the oldest built by Ko Chenkata Cholan, and one of the 70 Maadakovils. The main Raja Gopuram is composed of three floors and two prakaram.
The shrine of presiding over male deity faces east and the one of presiding over female deity faces south. Thereis a shrine known as Padikkasu Pillaiyar for Vinayakar.
There are three small Vinayaka icons in succession inside the sanctum of Padikkasu Vinayakar.