Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Agneeswarar Temple is a Hindu Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva situated in Thirukattupalli in Tamil Nadu’s Thanjavur District. The Temple is situated on the Kudamurutti River Southern Shore.
- Moolavar : Agneeswarar, Theeyadiappar
- Amman / Thayar : Soundaryanayaki, Azhagammai
- Thala Virutcham : Vanni, Vilwa
- Theertham :Surya theertham, Kudamurutti river,Agnitheertham is in the form of a well
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Melai Tirukattupalli
- Location : Tirukattupalli, Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
This Temple is Chozha Nadu’s 126th Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam and 9th Sthalam on the northern side of river Cauvery. Another location is also called Thirukkattupalli.
This is situated adjacent to Poompuhar, and to differentiate it from Melaittirukkattuppalli Thiruvenkadu is known as Keezhtirukkaattuppalli. The Keezhtirukkaattuppalli is considered the 12th in the Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams sequence on the northern banks of the Kaveri River in the Tamil Nadu Chola region.
This temple is thought to exist for nearly 1500 years and all the major kings including Cholas and Pandyas have done extensive work here.